First degree in Medicine at the Technion.
MD PhD in Biophysics at the Technion.
Participated in the Technion Excellence Program: 2000- 2001.
Danny used the Program to take many courses which were not a part of the ordinary curriculum of the Medical School – courses in biology, electrical engineering and probability.
He did research during his undergraduate studies in genetics under the guidance of Prof. Adi Salzberg and a PhD under the guidance of Prof. Shimon Marom from the Medicine Faculty on the study of dynamics, synchronization and adaptation in large networks of cortical neurons.
- Kurant E, Eytan D, Salzberg A. Mutational analysis of the Drosophilahomothorax gene. Genetics. 2001 Feb;157(2):689-98.2. Eytan D, Brenner N, Marom S. Selective adaptation in networks of corticalneurons. J Neurosci. 2003 Oct 15;23(28):9349-56.3. Eytan D, Minerbi A, Ziv N, Marom S. Dopamine-induced dispersion of
correlations between action potentials in networks of cortical neurons.
J Neurophysiol. 2004 Sep;92(3):1817-24.
4. Marom S, Eytan D. Learning in ex-vivo developing networks of cortical
neurons. Prog Brain Res. 2005;147:189-99.
5. Eytan D. Marom S. Dynamics and effective topology underlying
synchronization in networks of cortical neurons. J Neurosci. 2006 Aug
6. Wallach A, Eytan D, Marom S, Meir R. Selective Adaptation in Networks of
Heterogeneous Populations: Model, Simulation, and Experiment. PLoS
Comput Biol. 2008 Feb 15;4(2):e29
7. Shahaf G* , Eytan D*, Gal A*, Kermany E, Lyakhov V, Zrenner C, Marom S.
Order- based representation in random networks of cortical neurons.
PLoS Comput Biol. 2008 Nov;4(11):e1000228. (* – equally contributing authors)
8. Marom S, Meir R, Braun E, Gal A, Kermany E, Eytan D. On the precarious path of
reverse neuro-engineering. Front Comput Neurosci. 2009;3:5.
9. Kermany E, Gal A, Lyakhov V, Meir R, Marom S, Eytan D. Tradeoffs and
constraints on neural representation in networks of cortical neurons.
J Neurosci. 2010 Jul 14;30(28):9588-96
10. Shavit I, Eytan D, Shaoul R. A teaspoon in the stomach: How do we proceed from
here? CJEM. 2010 Sep;12(5):447-8
11. Zrenner C, Eytan D, Wallach A, Their P, Marom S, A generic framework for real-
time multi-channel neuronal signal analysis, telemetry control, and sub- millisecond latency feedback generation. In press, Frontiers in Neuroscience.
12. Gal A, Eytan D, Wallach A, Sandler M, Schiller J, Marom S. Dynamics of
excitability over extended timescales in cultured cortical neurons.
In press, J Neuroscience.
Recommendation to Program participants: “Take as many courses as you can outside the “ordinary” track you are studying”.
Today (2018): Danny is a Staff Physician, Pediatric Critical Care Unit at Rambam Medical Center.